I am pleased to welcome you to the site of the Undersecretariat of Basic Education. Here you can find information about the levels of education, preschool, primary and secondary school, and different programs that the Secretariat of Public Education holds in order to support the work of education in these levels and our regulations.
At the Undersecretariat of Basic Education we are committed to promoting activities to encourage quality education for the future of the country and to allow Mexicans to acquire basic skills in order to build a dignified life.
The Mexico of the future requires educational strategies to develop competencies, attitudes, and values in people so to ensure improvement of their skills in a context where the construction and transfer of knowledge will guide the progress of society.
On this site I trust you will find the information you need in order to learn what we are doing for the education of this country, how we are doing it, and the objectives we are aiming to achieve.
Guarantee the right to all children, as stated in Article III of the Constitution, through the design and implementation of norms that ensure equal opportunity to access, continuity, and quality education results, thus the necessary knowledge and skills for development are obtained and students learn to responsibly exercise their rights and obligations, and continue to improve throughout their lives.
Accomplish education that reaches all Mexicans under international quality standards, and places students at the required levels and demands of a knowledge society.
Guarantee the right to education, understood as the equity of opportunities to the access, continuity, and educational achievement for all children and young people in the basic education of the country.
Guarantee that all children and young people studying basic education acquire fundamental knowledge, develop intellectual skills, values, and necessary attitudes to achieve a fulfilling personal and familial life, exercise a competent and committed citizenship, participate in productive work, and continue learning through life. Restructure the functioning of the educational system to ensure efficiency in the design and implementation of policies and their continuous evaluation, transparency, and to report the use of funds to ensure a policy focused on the classroom and school.
1. Assist the Secretary in the exercise of his attributions within the scope of the Undersecretariat.
2. Carry out the assigned tasks from the Secretary and, by expressed agreement, represent the Secretariat in events he determines.
3. Plan, schedule, organize, direct, and evaluate the activities of the administrative units of the Secretariat.
4. Propose projects of treaties, inter-institutional agreements and bases of coordination among states and municipalities, as well as agreements with social and private sectors on matters related to national basic education.
5. Provide information, data, and technical cooperation requested by other agencies of the Federal Public Administration.
6. Represent the Secretariat, by the Secretary agreement, in committees, councils or government and parastatal institutions in which the Secretariat participates.
7. Sign documents related to the exercise of the duties that have been assigned, authorized or designated in case of substitution.
8. Design the assigned program and budget projects, as well as verify their proper execution by the administrative authorities.
For any further information, please click here